Monday, May 4, 2009

Good News and Bad

Actually started riding bike with my son a week and a half ago. He wanted to get some exercise and so we decided to ride everyday together. It's been great. When I get off the bike, my legs feel like rubber but it feels great. Then I got sick last week and was on my butt for almost 4 days so haven't rode since but as soon as the rain stops, I'll be out there again. So the good news is that I lost weight, the bad news is that I was sick and didn't have much of an appetite for 4 days. It was great when I went to the doctors at the beginning of last week and when I stepped on the scale the nurse said "hey, you lost weight since last time you were in". I can't remember when that was but she said I lost 10 lbs on their scale. Yea!!!! If I wasn't feeling so bad I would have went home and rode bike, what motivation. I hope to start writing regularly and keeping a journal of what I eat, it supposed to keep you more aware. I did that with weight watchers and it did work so who knows. Anyway, look for an official weigh-in for me this week.

1 comment:

Shalana Glass said...

I am sooo proud of you for intergrating exercise into your lifestyle change. I have found that exercise and water are major for me and without it I know that I would not be doing as well as I am. Continue to make the exercise a priority as well as eating healthy, in moderation and using portion control. My journal allows me to look back and analyze my intake if I dont have the best week then I can make the necessary adjustments...without it I would not be able to make those changes...Stay focused and you will meet your goal eventually!! WAY TO GO!!