Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Back on Track

Thought I'd jazz up the blog a little with some spring colors. Hope you like it.

It's been a tough couple of days. I haven't been able to control my appetite. Yesterday my doctor took me off the prednisone. It was only a small dose but I felt like it was making me want to eat everything in sight. When he examined my hands and feet and I told him I was virtually pain-free, he said we can do an experiment and stop the prednisone. I'm sure it is all in my head but nonetheless, I am off and already I can tell a difference : ). I'm still taking the anti-malarial but the side effects of that aren't bad and actually diminish with time.

I finally have a pump to blow up my exercise ball so no excuses there anymore. Mike is trying to lose weight also and we will be on the same shift for the next 2 weeks so the support is nice. Last night at the grocery store, I stopped at the bakery and was eyeing up the blueberry scones. Mike said, "you don't want to look at them." "You would feel bad after you ate them". I said "Oh no, I would feel really good after I ate them". We laughed, my battle with sugar is constant but I do recognize it. We bought some really good stuff. Stonyfield Farms Organic Yogurt is awesome. I add a little granola, sunflower seeds and cinnamon and it is yummy. That is my breakfast most mornings. Lunch is usually a salad of some sort which gets a little boring and supper is usually a protein like chicken or fish or steak, a salad and a small potato or wild rice. I also eat a lot of hardboiled eggs. My cholesterol has never been a problem so this is a good snack for me. I love raw veggies so carrots or celery or red and green peppers are usually my crunchy fix.

The more I stress over what I eat, the more I eat. I'm just trying to make better choices.

It's nice to have friends out there that are on the same path as me, helps to keep me strong.

1 comment:

CandiO said...

Did you blow up that ball yet?