Monday, March 16, 2009

No, I haven't given up

Sorry, it's been a while since I last posted. Mike and I left on Thursday for a long weekend in Chincoteague, Virginia to celebrate our 4th wedding anniversary. I wanted to weigh in on Thursday morning but in the rush to get things done, it completely slipped my mind. I was not well behaved over the weekend either although I didn't plan on it either. We had a lot of seafood so that wasn't too bad and I never got dessert at any meal so I consider that an accomplishment. I had oyster stew and Mike and I split fried flounder for lunch on Friday. We ate pretty late so didn't even eat supper. Saturday, continental breakfast which was a no-no. I had a muffin and a small donut and coffee. For lunch we stopped at AJ's on the Creek to see what it was like, a scouting expedition for dinner that night. I had a cup of cream of crab soup and a grilled cheeseburger for lunch. Took the top off it. Everything was good so we decided to make reservations for dinner. Dinner was at 7:30 and we arrived a little early to be seated right away. Our waiter was Carl, a very nice young man. We started with a bottle of Bonny Doon Pacific Rim Dry Riesling which was excellent. I had Oysters Rockefeller for an appetizer and Mike had a 1/2 dozen Oysters on the half shell. We both had a garden salad with an artichoke vinagrette dressing and Mike had seared tuna and rosemary potatoes, his tuna was very rare and delicious. I had seared scallops and rosemary potatoes. We ordered another bottle of wine and drank some but ended up taking the remainder back to our hotel and I finished it off. We were very pleasantly surprised at the caliber of the food at AJ's. I will be giving them a good rating on Travel Advisor. So now we are back at home and the seriousness begins again. I'm going to blow up my exercise ball today so I can start exercising and I'll also start walking Sadie every night. I'm not going to weigh in until this Friday so hopefully any damage that I've done can be undone before then. We'll see.

No comments: